How are you going to develop your learning programme?
- Think about your aims and objectives for developing a learning programme and what outcomes you want to see.
- All people – of whatever age – learn in different ways and some of the main identified Learning Styles can be found here.
- Is your learning programme going to be directed, e.g. a workshop led by an educator, or self-directed, e.g. an activity engaged with by the visitor?
- Put on a programme that fits the needs of the audiences and potential audiences to your museum or gallery.
- Work in partnership with core audience groups and other institutions.
- Festivals and national events are good ways to publicise your programmes and make partnerships.
- Using Themes Around Portraiture can generate programmes for different audiences and widen the perspective of your collection.