Why Develop a Learning Programme around Portraiture?
- Portraiture is a useful genre to use with many different audiences for a variety of themes and programmes.
- Portraiture is essentially about people and personalities. It is perfect for engaging with audiences as people respond to people!
- Putting together a learning programme will develop new ways of understanding your collection of portraits.
- A learning programme raises the profile of both your institution and your portraiture collection, particularly through public events during late or special openings.
- Developing a learning programme relevant to the National Curriculum encourages teachers and school children to visit, as well as developing learning outside of the classroom.
- A learning programme can develop new audiences, be socially inclusive and push up your visitor figures.
- Portraiture, past and present, can enable people to participate in a collection.
- Learning is at the heart of museums and galleries – click here for more information about learning in museums and galleries >>