Special Educational Needs (SEN)
The term ‘special educational needs’ (SEN) refers to people who have learning difficulties or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn or access education.
- People with special education needs may have problems with:
- Reading, writing, number work or understanding information
- Expressing themselves or understanding what others are saying
- Making friends or relating to people
- Organising themselves
- Some kind of sensory or physical needs which may affect them
Practical activities around portraits are great ways of exploring self-expression and relationships whether adults, young people or children.